It is blowing my mind that it's already September. I pretty much have no concept of what most temperatures feel like, but as years have passed I've realized that 72 DEGREES IS THE SWEET SPOT. It's like it isn't possible for it to be 72 degrees without a breeze. The humidity doesn't exist when it's around and I am constantly telling Bryan that 72 degrees with a breeze is my boyfriend. He's fine with it because our backyard is his girlfriend. Sometimes I can tell if he hasn't been listening to what I've been saying and I'll ask, "Are you thinking about the yard again?" and he says yes, with a twinkle in his eyes. I understand, Bryan. I do.
Speaking of September and marriage...our anniversary is this week! FOUR YEARS ALREADY. Three moves. Two kids. It has been really fun. Let's go at least four more! (Kidding. Eighty years? JK I don't want to live that long. Whatever, I will just leave the duration of our lives up to the Lord).
Here's a few things I've been loving this week/lately. AND A PLAYLIST! It has been a while! It's a good one.
|Loving everything that Clare Elsaesser creates. I keep eyeing this one for above our entryway table.|
- I cannot stop making THIS SALAD. Ask Bryan, as I use any excuse I can to make it and I've decided it will be my side-dish contribution for all the days of my life. It's really easy to throw together and keeps well. I'm actually in love with her whole cookbook (and let's be real, Chrissy Teigen in general). The thai rice porridge was also a hit for us and I'll be making it a lot more in the winter months, I'm sure. Seriously, add the cookbook to your collection.
- THE AUTUMN BOARD IS ALIVE AND WELL. GET EXCITED. I know I am, because trying to dress a postpartum body in the summertime IS THE ACTUAL WORST. I've lost track of my meltdowns at this point. I bought some giant pants and I'm ready to swaddle my body in blanket scarves. I'm ready.
- Great reminder for me in the midst of parenting a toddler. Because toddlers are kind of insane but also so hilarious and sweet. And because I have no idea what I'm doing (insert ten dancing senorita emojis).
- LA LA LAND YOU GUYS. ORIGINAL MUSICAL. EMMA AND RYAN (AGAIN). I CANNOT WAIT.
- And finally - the playlist. It's a little bit of this and that from some of my favorite other playlists. It's lately been my go-to of songs I like listening to as I make dinner. If anything, make sure you listen to Summertime Romance by Johnnyswim. I am wearing it out. The first time I heard it, it reminded me of the summer Bryan and I started dating. I weep every time I listen to it. EVERY TIME. I am a weeper. No shame.
Have the happiest long weekend! We are going to spend time with family and friends and there will be a corn hole tournament and cooking out and camping and I'll get to see some of my favorite people. I'm pretty excited. Amos gets to meet new friends and Elsa is excited to see (some of) her cousins :)